Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Found a new route tonight

I stumbled by it during the day today on my walk to get the car. (car was at the trusty Mechanic's getting a checkup before we go to Ottawa)Of course the only reason I found it is cause I took the long way which is totally out of the way but there is a Tim Hortons the long way so you know. So I said tonight when it is cooler out I will go there on that route. They finally put a bridge over Duck creek. Most people wouldn't care but I do and I think it is aboot time our town started making more access to the less travelled areas for us walker/runner/biker types. Plus it is so nice to be able to run uninterrupted along the lake without having to go up onto the VIA rail tracks where the trains go like 80 miles an hour.Anyhow it's nice, it's shady, and it is now safer.
Tonights run was supposed to be 7 miles with 2 @ MRP. I went 7 miles 4 @ or below MRP. I didn't look at my watch until I got home other than the one time to see how many miles it was at the turnaround. I ran by feel tonight comfortably to see what pace I was running @. I was kinda suprised. The miles I didn't run @ MRP were the ones I walked to take a drink/cross the busy road. It was also really warm out there tonight probably 82 when I went out so I should feel super great with the temps in the 50's Sunday morning.



If you want to see how we are doing goto
Live race results.
I'm Bib # 1183 and Uncle Mike is Bib # 2238.
Last years bib# was 1522 incase you are curious.

No comments: