Thursday, January 3, 2008

Icicle Eyelashes

Today was very cold. My 5 mile run today was about the coldest so far this year . It was just a base pace run and really nothing exciting happend during it except for the icicles on my eyelashes when I was done! . I must have those winter blahs.


I have been training lately..I just have to really put it in to my training log. Yesterdays run was a dreadmill run 2 miles easy then 5 X 1:00 @ 10mph/12degrees incline then 2 miles cool down.
Tomorrow will be 5 miles with fartleks thrown in... pretty intense 1 mile pace for 1:00.





I had a bit of a shooping event today. I bought some Speedo endurance jammers for the pool, a pull buoy , a 4 bottle fuel belt,and a pair of nike running socks.They were all 50% off at the local running store. I guess a bit of retail therapy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you ran today in that weather. Glad to see someone so dedicated. Like the new mantra as well (Swimming, Biking and Running). We'll really have to get together some time in the near future and go for a run. Was checking the are you live in and it looks like a cool place to run, not like Hamilton in it's crazy traffic. Anyhow keep up with the excellent training.

Anonymous said...

PS : I leave for the Goofy Challenge in Florida next Wed. The weather today there was -1 (-3 with wind chill) and snow in Daytona. But next week should hover around 80 fewwwwwwww....

Born To Endure said...

YOU are hardcore!!!!!

67merc said...

I am always amazed when you run MORE in this kind of weather!