Monday, January 28, 2008

Slow twitch

This morning I think my fast twitch muscle fibres stayed sleeping! It was just a slow twitch day. I think it worked out well for me though. I ran the first few miles at a 9:30 pace and the rest of the miles I slowly sped up so I was running about 8:30 miles near the end. It all worked out so my final pace was around 9:00 minute miles overall. It seems so slow, but I have to tell myself that this is just a base and speed will come later.
I woke up before the birds this morning. I was out the door around 5:30 am and ran far enough to see the sun come up before I got home. It was quite chilly out. The wind was out of the East today which was a bit of a problem cause I ran 7.5 mile with the wind at my back and when I turned around all the sweat from my chest froze almost instantly. I had icicles on my eyelids and goatee, the collar on my jacket froze and my fingers started to go numb. I almost panicked considering I was 6.5 miles from home. I picked up the pace a bit and somehow it created enough heat to get me through to the end. I should've taken a picture when I got home...I looked like the Abominable Snowman.

Tonight Hockey
Tomorrow swimming then rest.
Wednesday 5 miles early and probably 45 minutes on the recumbant bike at work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should definitely lose the goatee then! ;)