Saturday, August 16, 2008

Update

Figured I'd make another post. Not sure how many people still read this since I take so much time between my posts.
Things have been going well. I've been biking, running and swimming my tail off. Most of my runs have been at work on the treadmill.

I've made up with the treadmill cause it is much simpler to keep track of distance/time/speed during intervals and threshold runs.

The majority of my biking had been to and from work between 20-30 miles at a time. Consdidering I don't have an Ironman events on my radar it should be fine for the sprint events.

Just got back into swimming again from a short hiatus. I've even gone down and met up with the local group that goes in at stop 26 in the AM. I am really rusty and even got an anxiety attack on Thursday when it was a bit choppy...I survived and was suprised cause that is the first time I've ever felt like that. Good thing I had a partner and I just moved in closer to shore where I could touch bottom, relaxed for a few seconds and then we finshed up the swim.

I went again this morning and got some good time in getting myself comfortable in murky water.
I went early and spent about an hour out there (in shallow water) just floating around and practising my strokes. Then when the "FAST" group came I swam a bit and then turned around and headed in cause I had an early meeting to attend.

Next race Bull dog triathlon
after that the Detroit HALF Marathon

1 comment:

Born To Endure said...

Hey...i'll see you out there, i'm going to do the Bulldog too!