Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Rain or shine

Had a brick workout- a 1 hour bike ride and 10 minute run right after. Woke up and saw that it was raining. I figured I would put it off and wait til later. I could just do it on the trainer, cause you know it is dangerous out there in the rain. Then the words of my Wife sounded again.
"It could rain on race day!"
That is all it took. I was soon getting ready to go get wet. Needless to say I went out for my wet, cold, windy bike ride. Then when I got back I stripped down to my "tri" shorts and hit the road running.
This was my 1st brick workout this year and found it funny how crazy it is coming off the bike into the run. Your legs feel so different, like they were someone elses. I had to do everything in my power to conciously slow myself down. I looked at Garmin and I was running a 6:22 Mile pace...way too fast for a "relaxed" pace. Once I got myself slowed a bit it was smooth travelling...anyone can run for 10 minutes!


1 comment:

Ali said...

I was planning on playing the 'it's dangerous' card to get out of a run tonight ... now I am thinking I'll do it