Monday, October 19, 2009

running, running,runnning

Starting an off season running program...I think it may work for on season too. Anyhow I am just looking to improve my run more. I received a ling from a friend of mine, it is on the slowtwitch forum and is written by a guy whom I really don't know but says he is a coach and I am just going to trust him cause I want to. Here is the link.

It basically starts with
  1. 3 recovery runs
  2. 2 medium long runs
  3. 1 long run
  4. 1 day off

It goes by the ratio 1:2:3 recovery runs being your multiple the medium long run is 2X the distance of the recovery run and the long run 2X the distance of the Medium run. So basically you start off with the mileage you are at right now and increase it by no more than 10% each week. So my week has started with Sunday 3.5 kms Monday 7.0kms then Tuesday 3.5km Wednesday 7.0km Thursday 3.5km then Friday 14km which works out to be 38.5kms. So next week my total km's will be 42.35.

So I will be running 6 days a week and keeping my biking and swimming up also. We'll see how it goes!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Good luck with that, sounds good to me.