Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Great end to a tough week


I brought my week to a close Sunday with a great 20-Miler. I felt really good. I was actually doing strides between hydro poles (not too fast) at miles 16 through 19. My day didn't start well. I was up until the wee hours of the morning fighting a fire at a large industrial plant. When I got home I was very tired and took a nap/sleep until the afternoon, then we had family over until around 8:30 pm...and all that was on my mind ...I have to get this run in... not to mention I was back to work Monday morning for another 24hrs. But I was out the door as soon as they left and 3hrs and a bit I was back home and ready for bed.
During my 11 mile run on Friday I had an epiphany, I finally got my stride right. It's like I found my centre, my balance, my optimal running form. All that this entailed was swinging my arms more at a different angle, straight forward and back. I now feel stronger at a faster pace without as much exhaustion. With 61 days left and 2 more 20 milers until Ottawa I feel refreshed and confident that I can achieve what I set out to do, take at least 35 minutes off of last years time!
Myopera.com

No comments: